Saturday 30 March 2013

Bumbling Along Like a Bee

Posts have been slow recently and I have no one to blame for this but myself. I don't even have an excuse for it. So apologies to one and all that read my blog and I thank you continually for your support, comments and 'likes' on Facebook.

I am now 75% through my pregnancy and apart from an exhaustive list of aches, pains and annoyances I seem to be getting on rather well. I hope this is a sign of things to come during labour. Yep, that's right you up there or whoever may be listening, I am booking in my labour now on the 8th of June and I would like it to go as smoothly as possibly; if its not too much trouble for you. There I have booked it - one can wait in hope.

The further along the pregnancy I get the more paranoid I seem to become over every ache and pain that comes my way and I have my midwife in my phone so if I need to I can just give her a quick call. For now, I've been using Google to rationalise my hypochondria but all seems to be normal for now. If I am in serious doubt I can ring the midwife, she is there for a reason I suppose.

I have a couple of weddings coming up, one in 2 weeks time and another in 4 weeks time so I am waiting for as long as possible to get a dress and I am hoping with all my might, mind and strength that I can find something other than a maxi dress. I hate wearing maxi dresses now, they are all I seem to wear. It is slightly depressing as I am in the show-my-bump-off trimester except maxi dresses do nothing but hide the ever growing baby inside your tummy.

I don't think anyone can say that pregnancy agrees with them or their body because it clearly doesn't but what I would like to optimistically say is that pregnancy at the moment compliments my body. We seem to be getting on well at the moment. That's not to say we don't have our disagreements but right now I am enjoying the thought (or feeling rather) of AvaLillaBee growing inside me and she is enjoying kicking me in the ribs so really it's a win win situation; come back to me in 4 weeks time and I shall let you know if I still feel the same way.

Adam has nearly finished clearly out the soon to be baby room and I hope with all fingers and toes crossed that by Monday we will have bought a cot ready for little Ava to sleep in at night time. My, it's all becoming very really isn't it?

I got another batch of cute baby things that no longer fit Amelia from my sister so I can't wait to get them all sorted out on a rail and I may have put in a couple of requests here and there for some seriously adorable baby dresses from George in ASDA - seriously you should go look on their website. We also got a little package from some friends at church today with a gorgeous soft blanky in it, some Johnsons baby products, nappy bags and wipes, socks, mitts and other cute baby essentials - like baby scissors for cutting finger nails... I never realised how essential they would be until Emily had to keep sitting there chomping on Amelia's nails because the little baby girl would constantly scratch her own face. So I think we are getting there.

1 comment:

  1. its all coming together nicely:) I love the name AvaLillaBee its very cute xx

    ReplyDelete