Tuesday 2 April 2013

Nesting Stage Skipped

I think the nesting stage skipped me and went straight to Adam. He has been an absolute star and I honestly don't know what I would do without him. Whatever I have needed he has been there - like my personal slave, haha, just kidding.

But in all seriousness, I think the nesting stage comes in the second trimester when you have loads of energy and think you can conquer the world and do anything. But I am telling you now, those of you who haven't been pregnant before but are planning to have children, that is just your body leading you into a false sense of security. Oh yeah, it knows what is coming up just natural instinct I suppose so it is giving you that last bit of freedom before it takes your body down an exhausting ride of aches and pains, not to mention no proper sleep. Do your nesting while you have the energy, because come the third trimester you won't be able to.

I do my little bit around the house when I can and even wiping a work top or two can instantly make the place look tidier but give me 20 minutes into a job and I am aching for top to toe. I have no idea what I would do if Adam suddenly couldn't do anything anymore but I am thankful for the way things are now so no changing please.

I say the nesting bug has skipped me and gone straight to Adam because in the five days that he has had off I think the only time he hasn't cleaned has been Sunday. We don't labour on a Sunday which is good because I think he has gone into hyper clean drive and today I was honestly at the point of just telling him to slow down. Friday he cleared out the baby bedroom a little, Saturday I did the living room and he did the kitchen, dining room, stairs and hallway then Sunday we chilled but Monday we finished off the baby bedroom by putting all unneeded things in the spare room. At this point Adam was also doing the washing and had cleaned out the kitchen where the cat tray is. If you think that is a lot today he did even more washing, cleared out the utility room, the cupboard in the dining room and yesterday I forgot, he did the cooker too. See what I mean? I was on the verge of telling him he should really take a break when he said his back was aching so he had to chill out for a bit.

Obviously I am not getting at him at all for doing all these jobs, this is my way of telling you all how much of an amazing husband he is being and if you could purchase one of Adam in a shop then you would definitely be getting your money's worth. However, unfortunately for you lovely people there is only one Adam and he is priceless so... He won't be in the shops any time soon.

Tomorrow I shall share the news with you of our cot buying conundrums. It was definitely an exciting and interesting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment