Wednesday 10 April 2013

Baby B Update

There has been lots going on so I am sorry I haven't posted. Most days my brain is too exhausted to formulate words. But today I shall try.

The last post I wrote I told you I would tell you next time about the cot Adam and I have purchased. We have been collecting vouchers from Adams work place because you can use them in a couple of mother and baby shops and last Monday (wow has it really been that long since I posted) we went in search of a cot. We made it our reward for getting AvaLillaBee's bedroom cleared and ready to be decorated.

First we went to Mothercare and couldn't really find any cots that we liked. We didn't have loads of vouchers but I knew we had enough to purchase a neat little cot. However, the one we saw in there was too plain and boring for me so I asked Adam if we could go to ToysRUs/BabiesRUs to see what they had in there and we had a £5 voucher when you spent over £50 which we knew we would be doing anyway so there was an extra £5 there.

Thankfully as we entered the car park I saw a sign on the door that said "IF YOU SPEND OVER £40 TODAY IN STORE YOU WILL GET £10 OFF YOUR NEXT VISIT" so I was glad we went there instead. We meandered around the isles inside to get to where we needed to be and found there weren't many cots out on display and there was only a blue one in our price range. I like the size and shape of it and it didn't have a boring headboard end like the last cot... But it was blue. The sign said they had it in pink too which I thought would be ideal if it was a toned down pink so we enquired with the sales assistant for the cot. She took out a catalogue and showed us the PINK cot. It was very pink, very bright in your face pink. Those of you who know me know my love of pink only goes fingernail deep and I'm only tolerating it now because we are having a girl so the fact that this cot was very pink made me say no straight away.

Then I turned to the wall of cot advertisements and for some reason they had a cot on the wall that they didn't have out on the stands. I don't know why, maybe because it was really good value for money and was worth the price. It was the same size as the blue one and personally I think in better shape. So we got that one instead. Now it is stood still in its packaging waiting for the room to be decorated. My sister Bethany said it would be a good thing to unpack last, as a good luck idea. I think she is right.

I can't believe we have just under 2 months to go. It is all becoming so real so fast and I am barely keeping up. I say there is lots to do but really if she came tomorrow (No Baby don't get any ideas) then we would be fine with what we have. But she is cozy and staying put, because I said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment