Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Beauty's in the Blueprints

Welcome to my new blog!

I have debated with myself over the last couple of weeks or so as to whether or not I should write a new blog but I think it would be selfish of me not to.

Why the name?

My sister and I were thinking of a name for hours last night. I wanted it to represent my new growing family and be about not just one specific thing like my last blog www.bradfordianbridezilla.blogspot.com - I wanted it to be a follow on about becoming a mother, being a wife, growing up (in a matter of speaking). I wanted to show progression of how my bump turns into a baby, that turns into a toddler which progresses into a child and life goes on.

My previous blog was specifically about being engaged and getting married but I've done that now and I found it hard to continue to write on a blog about being a Bridezilla when I was no longer a Bridezilla - I am no longer in that category anymore; although I am sure I am wifezilla which is where this blog comes in perfectly.


Blueprints are enlarged designs of houses, structures, statues, and are the conglomeration of a set of minds to produce something original, beautiful, interesting. The details in a blueprint include measurements of each and every single part included in the plan - the height of a window, a door, a wall for example. When you look at a blueprint you see a set of shapes and lines that make up the bigger picture. However, if these details, measurements are even a mm off the design will not fit, the outcome will not be as the blueprint has shown and the work of all those incredible minds will have been lost. The beauty in the blueprint is in the details. The beauty in life is in the details. Every single thing we do in our lives, big or small, counts. What we do now in the details and the plans will in turn shape up how the blueprints turn out and how the plans come together.

There is one thing about life's little details that blueprints cannot allow for and that is, mistakes; or rather changes to the plan. Luckily life has a way of working out even if it is a mm off everything still slots together, maybe not perfectly but besides for blueprints - what is?

What I do now in my life will affect the blueprints of what happens in my children's lives' the beauty of it is in the detail. At the moment I am 22 weeks pregnant, I have been married just under 9 months and am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have two cats which I love and adore. I bake, I cook, I clean and I knit. I do not work at the moment and do not plan to until I feel it is right to do so. I hope you join me and my family whilst we create our own blueprints on life.


2 comments: