Monday 18 March 2013

Brain Boggled by Blackness

I haven't posted for a couple of days mainly because my brain just hasn't been working properly still. It does this from time to time. I can stare at the computer screen willing words to come from my brain and onto the laptop but nothing comes and then I get distracted and forget I was writing at all. Sometimes it gets too late to post but maybe I should write something small and suave or something.

A few days ago my mum posted on her blog the ingredients for Bread and Butter pudding and I had a craving for it for ages and I told mum I wish I had seen her post before we had gone shopping so I could get some eggs - since that's the only ingredient missing from the recipe... and you can't really do it without eggs. I think Adam's mum must be telepathic because we went over for dinner last night and you'll never guess what we had for dessert... Bread and Butter pudding. It was amazing and just what I wanted.


My sister is also a pregnancy craving life saver too because for weeks I have had a craving for coffee and due to my religion I don't drink it, even if I did usually I still wouldn't now because of the pregnancy. But I could smell it everywhere and desperately wanted to drink it but can't have it. However, in our house when I was younger we used to have a caffeine substitute called Caro. It's a herbal drink but smells a lot like coffee and I think because you usually put sugar and milk with it that it seems like coffee too. I have been looking for it everywhere and you USED to be able to buy it in Asda and other superstores but now you can't so unless I wanted to go through to Sunderland to Holland and Barretts there wasn't any way of getting Caro. So I was amazingly happy when Emily rang to say she was in Holland and Barrett so would I like some Caro, uhm YES PLEASE.

I haven't been sleeping properly recently due to the pregnancy and I am SO surprised that Adam hasn't resigned himself to the sofa by now because of all the moving around in the bed that I do. I just can't seem to get comfortable. I've had a few aches and pains all of which I wanted to get checked out with my midwife today, annoyingly enough she said all of the aches and pains I am having are totally normal and will probably get worse - oh well. She said Adam has to give me more back rubs and I completely agree.


Milo, my not-so-little kitty went for his neutering today and it was SO quiet in the house without him. We got him back this evening with no complications or anything with his operation which is good but it is really hard to keep him away from food bless him. He seems very quiet and laid back for now but hopefully he will perk up and like us a little more tomorrow when he wakes up a bit more. The vets we are with are really awesome and friendly and they told us everything went fine. They even offered us a free check up for Milo at the end of the week even though he doesn't need it, they just said if we wanted to come in for peace of mind then we could which is really nice. If you need to neuter your cat or happen to come across a cat that you want to keep that hasn't been neutered please talk to the Cats Protection agency. They were absolutely awesome with us and gave us vouchers for both cats, tell them where you live and they will recommend the cheapest places nearest to you for neutering your cat. We got Milo done and micro-chipped for £20.04 which is nothing compared to what it could be at some places. I really recommend their help.

No comments:

Post a Comment