Saturday 23 March 2013

Date Night Double

Last night Adam and I were bored of staying in the house all the time. We just wanted to get out and spoil ourselves a little. Live the high life and forget all of our worries and troubles and just enjoy an evening together so we decided to go to the Cinema. But because the film wasn't going to be on until quite late (about 9ish) we decided we should go for dinner together first and because the Cinema we were going to is surrounded by restaurants - for obvious reasons - we went to dinner at Fayre and Square. 


I love the meals there because they are really scrummy. We decided for a starter to get this nacho and wedge sharer; it was amazing. The nachos were really salt and peppery BUT it worked well with the sour cream and salsa which I lurve. Then I had scampi, because it was definitely cooked with these really nicely fried chips - they tasted divine. I even had mushy peas! What type of cool restaurant asks if you want a 'fish' meal with peas, mushy peas or beans - Fayre and Square that is who! I can't even remember what Adam had because I was so engrossed in my delicious scampi. I don't have it often especially whilst being pregnant BUT it does the trick. Hits the nail on the spot. 


Then we went to see 'Side Effects' which was a really good film. Catherine Zeta Jones popped up again. She's been in about 3/4 films that I've seen recently. Maybe she was taking a break out and then decided to go on the books again so her agent has had her whipped up at every chance anyone can get. I won't explain the film because I'll explain it tomorrow with the other film we decided to watch today. The woman who is in the film called 'Girl with a Dragon Tattoo' looks SO different in this film I hardly recognised her and Channing Tatum was in it too. He seems to have really stepped up his mark from the sweet romcom films I first saw him in, like Step Up and Dear John. In this film he seems like 'a real man' and I mean that in the greatest sense of the word. My husband has always liked Channing Tatum for his acting of course, but I've more or less liked him just because well, he is nice to look at. But, in this film, he really did it for me in an acting sense. I enjoyed his performance and actually focused on the way he was acting rather than just staring at his face. Oh it happens... and I'm not the only one. You know it. 


So, after our little splurge out last night we didn't really need to go out today for date night but this really funny film has just come out called 'The Croods'. I knew straight away it was Emma Stone as voice over, and it's nice to see another come back as well - Nicolas Cage. His voice at least was great in this Dreamworks pic, hence why we didn't see him act. It was a really fun family comedy with just mild threats of violence... yeah if you count a massive multi-coloured tiger/cat pouncing on the whole family so it looks like they're going to get eaten. However, they are the most flexible family I have ever seen in my life, especially for ones who are not so lean. Adam loved a character called 'Belt' the most which looked like a cross between those singing and dancing racoon look-a-likes in Madagascar (You know the ones who sing - I like to move it) and a monkey with REALLY long arms. Very cute.

See! How cute!
But more on those tomorrow. For now I am going to relax and enjoy the rest of what is left of my evening. I also have definitely have a cold and my lips don't like me at all. I blame my husband who throughout the whole of this past week has had a split lip. I think I inherited it. 

2 comments:

  1. it all looks good to me! I hope you get over your cold quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like fun and i think you will find that that is a sloth x

    ReplyDelete