Wednesday 20 March 2013

Feel The Rhythm

Feel the Rhyme.

I think I have a cold coming on. I always know when I have one appearing because I sneeze more in one day than I have in months and my nose is getting really stuffed up. I thought it was just another side effect of me drinking lemonade (besides ikkel heartburn) but it's not. I find myself needing to sleep in the afternoons now, back to trimester one but with a bigger belly. I've also realised that I need to sit in some pretty funny looking positions in order to feel comfortable and baby is still lying sideways so I can't begin to imagine how I am going to have to sit once Ava decides she's heading downwards ready for escape.

I also think I am getting heartburn from drinking water and apparently this is a lot more common than I thought. I mean what exactly is in water for you to get heartburn from it? They tell you - 'they' being the experts - to stay away from fatty foods and things that could give you heartburn like fizzy drinks so I did for a while, but then what happens if you get heartburn from water, you're pretty much stuck. I hadn't had heartburn before I was pregnant and for a while I didn't even realise what it was, the only reason I figured it out is because I took some Rennies and the sensation went away. For some reason Gaviscon does not agree with me at all - in fact I think it just gives me more heartburn; by the way does anyone else think the strawberry Gaviscon tablets are AWFUL? I don't know about any other flavour but those ones stick to your teeth - like you need to be getting your finger in your gob to get it off your teeth when it tastes like rubbish in the first place.


Baby Ava seems to be doing somersaults in the tummy at the moment either that or she is just getting bigger and punching rather anything else. To me she doesn't seem that big at the moment. I think that's because I don't have the mirrors around the house to constantly see how big I am getting. But it does mean that when I do get to see myself in a long full length mirror I am very surprised to see bump and kind of think to myself "oh, bump, hello". I can kind of see myself getting bigger but I don't really see the bigger picture from my line of sight. I am at a point where I can still see my toes so I can't be that big yet; still I do have nearly 12 weeks left.

No sickness at the moment but that doesn't mean I won't get any anymore. I am sure it will be fine. We got our first bought dress for Ava the other day and it is really funky. My sister, Emily, got it for me and Adam, or rather Ava, a nice little dress which is also a baby grow! I think its a new thing that I haven't seen around before but all the same, the grow dress is extremely cute. Emily is starting to give me some of the smaller stuff that doesn't fit Amelia anymore which is awesome. I am just waiting for the moment when I can have this coat...


...Which from the look of Amelia recently will be pretty soon.

2 comments:

  1. you will be very happy when Ava turns around, being sideways is not an easy escape route :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She turned last night mummy!! At about 2am. I think she has possibly turned back now but it was a very weird sensation because she was no longer rumbling around the bottom of my stomach - where it was very obvious that she was lying; instead she is definitely lying down/up through the middle of my tummy and she reaches just above my belly button (I think).
    I am sat a bit weird at the moment so she could have turned again. Loves x

    ReplyDelete